The ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 is taking place between October and November 2023 in India. The top 10 ODI teams from all around the world will appear in this event. Whereas England is the defending champion of the ODI World Cup.
England will also compete in ICC One Day World Cup 2023. No doubt their appearance is a real threat to all other emerging sides of this tournament. England is among the most dangerous ODI sides in the cricket world. England needs to win at least three matches in order to qualify for the Knockout stage of this thrilling tournament.
Well, England is going to mark their 13th consecutive appearance in ODI World Cup. No doubt this team maintains a very impressive playing record in this event. England won the Cricket World Cup Champions Title back in 2019. Apart from that, England also qualified for the finals in 1979, 1987, and 1992.
England Cricket Board has also announced their probable playing squad for the ICC ODI World Cup 2023. The initial playing squad for England looks pretty strong and balanced. However, Final Playing 11 will be revealed before the start of each match.
Here is the England Team Squad for the ICC ODI World Cup 2023.
Jos Buttler (captain), Moeen Ali, Gus Atkinson, Jonny Bairstow, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Reece Topley, David Willey, Mark Wood, Chris Woakes.
The ballistic ODI batsman Jos Buttler is the captain of England for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023. No doubt the English board has made a very wise decision. Buttler holds lots of experience in the One Day format and England will perform out of pressure under his captaincy.
Batting Line Up
England has lots of options when choosing their best opening pair. They have a number of experienced and young batsmen who can play big shots and are suitable for the shorter formats of the game. However, Jos Buttler, Javid Malan, and Joe Root are on the priority list of the selection committee during this event.
The middle-order batting unit of England involves some hard hitters like Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali, and Ben Stokes. All these names have good powerful hitting skills, especially in the ODI format.
Bowling Line Up
So, the spin attack of England looks pretty strong. Moeen Ali and Adil Rasheed are top-notch spinners in this squad. England will hopefully select Moeen Ali and Adil Rasheed as both these spinners can bat as well.
The main power of the English side lies in their pace of attack. They have some brilliant young pacers in their playing squad David Willey, Chris Woakes and Mark Wood are the best pace attackers in this team.
England Match Fixtures for CWC 2023
- 05 Oct: 1st Match England vs New Zealand Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad 02:00 PM LOCAL
- 10 Oct: 7th Match England vs Bangladesh Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala 10:30 AM LOCAL
- 15 Oct: 13th Match England vs Afghanistan Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi 02:00 PM LOCAL
- 20 Oct: 18th Match Australia vs Pakistan M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru 02:00 PM LOCAL
- 21 Oct: 20th Match England vs South Africa Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai 02:00 PM LOCAL
- 26 Oct: 25th Match England vs Sri Lanka M.Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru 02:00 PM LOCAL
- 29 Oct: 29th Match India vs England Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow 02:00 PM LOCAL
- 04 Nov: 36th Match England vs Australia Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad 02:00 PM LOCAL
- 08 Nov: 40th Match England vs Netherlands Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune 02:00 PM LOCAL
- 11 Nov: 44th Match England vs Pakistan Eden Gardens, Kolkata 02:00 PM LOCAL